The lovely, lovely Steph of CrownedEgo nominated yours truly for the Liebster Award. Most of you are probably familiar with this award but just in case you’re not;
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 1000 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
As part of my acceptance, I have to do 5 things:
LINK back to the person who nominated you;
SHARE 11 facts about yourself;
ANSWER 11 questions set by your nominator;
NOMINATE 11 people who you think deserves the Liebster Award
ASK your nominees 11 questions to answer
AFTER YOU PUBLISH your Liebster post, go to your nominees blog and let them know you nominated them.
ONE: Link Back to the Nominator
Steph, thank you again for taking the time to consider me as a person of interest. I haven’t stopped preening about it.
TWO: Share 11 Facts About MeI’m not going to think this through too much or i’ll be at it forever but feel free to ask for more information on any of these random facts in the comments section. Alright, here we go:
1. I went to college at 16.
My mom had to co-sign for the obligatory tramp stamp that I wanted sooo badly 2 months before I left for college. That was my first and last tattoo but to compensate for my youth, I also begged mom to sign for a tongue ring. That hurt like a BITCH. I still have it in.
2. My Major was Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Robotics.
My goal is to create my own surgical robot that can operate (on people) with 95% independence.
3. When I moved in the dorms, I immediately scouted someone who could make me a fake ID that said I was 18 so I could get into the clubs.
He made one that said I was 21. I freaked out. “Are you out of your mind??” (I didn’t curse a back then.) “I don’t look 21!” I should have saved my breath, it worked like a charm. Even in the liquor stores.
4. I don’t mind horror movies.
As long as I watch them at home. With all the blinds open and sunlight streaming through. And the remote by my side so I can press MUTE when the scary parts happen. And CAPTION so I can still follow the plot.
5. I’m on my 3rd passport.
Traveled a lot as a kid..
6. When I was a kid, I wanted to make my own Delorean. I settled for making my own CB radio.
I wanted to communicate with my big brother at night after mom would send us to bed. Our rooms were right across from each other and we had the same old school radio.
I found that there was a frequency that acted as a transmitter and receiver that we could communicate on when tuned just so. We would whisper to each other until one of us fell asleep. Ah the good ol days.
7. I’m scared of bugs & rodents.
FFFUUUCK that shit.
8. Music is super important to me.
I listen to it all the time. Except on my commute to/from work. That time belongs to NPR.
9. I average 3-4 dreams per night.
My dreams are pretty much like movies. In a few the credits have actually rolled. In others, I’ve woken up to take a pee break and continued right where I left off.
Most of them are sci-fi/ thriller oriented.
10. I’m an only girl.
11. I don’t drink beer.
They’re either too carbonated or too bitter. I’ve tried about 80 beers. Even made a beer brewer my boyfriend. Still can’t get with that program.
THREE: Answer the 11 my nominator asked
1. Where is the furthest place you’ve traveled to?
Dubai. 2 weeks in Dubai isn’t even close to enough.
2. What’s your guilty pleasure?
(photo from repairstemcell.wordpress.com)
3. New York or California?
4. …and why?
I’m an East Coast baby. Life is just better on this side of the map. Faster too 😉
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
That’s easy. Leading the Innovation lab for a Medical Device company.
6. Why did you begin blogging?
I was anxious to challenge myself to evolve my passion. It’s harder to give up on something you want to do better in when you have an audience.
7. Where is the best place you have eaten out at?
*blowing out cheeks*
That’s like asking if I had kids and could only save one – which one would it be?
8. What do you most like to read about on blogs?
I’m always curious about the person/people behind the words and pictures – so I love reading About Me pages.
9. What does every girl need to have in their closet/wardrobe?
A White T shirt. A pair of jeans you swear go with everything. Black stilettos. A pencil skirt. Any color. Nude pumps.
10. If you had a golden ticket, which event would you most like to attend?
The MET gala, a TED conference in Dubai and the White House Correspondence Dinner. I know that’s three but you know…whatever 🙂
11. When you look at my blog homepage, what comes to mind? My blog homepage —> crownedego.wordpress.com
FOUR: Nominate Others
Ahhh! This is what you were waiting for right? You blew by all my other shit to get to this, didn’t you? Yeah you did. Well I decided to narrow this down to bloggers who had under 200 followers because start-ups and under-the-radar blogs need love too. Enjoy 🙂
1. Bee from Stamford Tablescraps – Bee & I have recently come to the conclusion that we are sisters from different misters so naturally, she’d be on this list 🙂
2. Tracey of SaltySweetLife – Tracey is somewhat a mentor to me. I think unbeknownst to both of us, she’s an incredible example of a lot of the things I’m trying to be as a food blogger. So when she wrapped me under her wing, I settled in gladly.
3. Jing from Daily EZ Cooking – Jing is the absolute shit. And not just because he’s a Software Engineer. Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers are actually notorious for not playing well together so it’s not that. Instead, I found that everything he makes… I want to shove in my face. Oooh! I rhymed!
4. Tamara from Potluck Time – This blog is appropriately named and more than deserving of some recognition 🙂
5. Kaddy from Kaddypaint – This talented young woman is incredible in her own right but after this, became outstanding. I heart you Kaddy.
6. Audrey from Rice & Kai – I Just love the feel of this blog. Audrey does such a wonderful job of integrating words and recipes that makes reading her blog almost a daily habit.
7. Giselle from The Busy Spatula – Ok so even though I’m more of a trekkie, Giselles gastronomic celebration of Star Wars days sold me. In another life, we’d be neighbors. I’d cook and she’d bake. And we’d both be happy fat women. Like this guy from Southpark. We already discussed this so don’t try and stop us.
8. Shaaz from Mizshaazstyle – I admire how Shaaz plays with colors in her style outfits. Not to mention, she’s gorgeous!!
9. Spasture from Chili365 – Because could you come up with over 300 ways to cook chili? I didn’t think so…
10. Philana of The Pink Dumpling – Increeedible pictures. Enough Said.
11. Craftea Heart – I only just discovered this blog and I’m so glad I did! I especially love how the recipes are on the pictures. Gotta find a way to do that.
FIVE: Ask my nominees 11 questions
Right, so because my pool of nominees is pretty diverse, I won’t ask any genre specific questions. I’m more eager to know WHO you are and the lessons you’ve learned so far from blogging.
What’s a day in your life? Take your time…paint a picture for us.
If you could only keep what piece of clothing in your closet, what would it be and why?
Do you prefer music or books? Why?
What’s something you’d secretly like to wear but haven’t worked the courage up to try it?
What are 3 guilty pleasures of yours?
What are 3 bad habits of yours?
What post would you re-do if you could? Link to it.
When you take pictures for your blog, do you already have a concept in mind or are you kind of winging it?
What are the ways your drive engagement within your blog?
What do you find is the optimal posting time?
What message do you want people who read your blog to take away?